September 21, 2012

Time away, well spent

Dolores Park on a Sunday in September
Rainer and I just arrived back a week ago from a wonderful respite to the Bay Area. I taught a workshop at The Teahouse Studio and enjoyed an author's night with two of the most beautiful talented ladies I know, Lisa Solomon and Mati Rose. They also have books from Quarry which just came out this summer. Lisa's Knot, Thread, Stitch is an inspiring book about alternative embroidery techniques and Mati's Daring Adventures in Paint gets you going again ... I know it does because it helped me get back my flow and restart my painting again!

my Playful printmaking class at Teahouse
Thinking about restart, reminds me of Reconnect - a course that Mati and her friend Willo are teaching right now. You can still get in on this ecourse by registering here!
Author's night at Teahouse




Students hard at work!
Rainer and I enjoyed some days traveling around the city to see the sights, the beaches and the woods surrounding the Bay Area. We didn't see it all, we picked a few places and immersed ourselves in them and each other. If you know us personally - well you knew that it was over due. It was also a "walk about" which is something we do no matter where we go. Sore feet come with city visits! And we welcome them ...

Exploring Baker Beach
Our last days we went to Muir woods. There are no words to express the feeling that I got when entering this ancient place. It was like no other place I have been before and it is a place I would like to go back to again. I feel so lucky to have had this time in such a special place!
Muir Woods!


1 comment:

lisa solomon said...

so great to see you !!! XOXO again soon.