October 13, 2007

Spicy vegetable wraps


spicy vegetable wraps, originally uploaded by artstreamstudios.

I have been so inspired by Corey's posts with recipes - endive tart! (yummm) and Kristina's artistic food posts over at designsponge that I thought I would share my latest concoction here with you.

Today we hosted a special cocktail reception for one of our special clients - The Monarch School of New England, and they took my bid for catering. I don't do this very often, but I have a soft spot for these folks.
Anyway, these little appetizers are simple to make and you can turn up the heat or not as you prefer ...(i say go HOT)

First, dice up one red bell pepper and one yellow bell pepper, into tiny pieces
Add to this mixture some minced, (i do mean fine...) fresh garlic and two or three twists of ground pepper. Set aside.

In a small bowl blend 1 pound of your favorite soft spreadable cheese or soy cheese with 2 ancho chiles minced, 2 tablespoons of green onion and a dash of Frank's Red Hot.
On a spinach flat bread spread your cheese all around the bread, thinly. Chop up three sugar snow pea pods and sprinkle over the cheese. Roll tightly. Use additional cheese to glue the thing shut.
Slice into a dozen little pieces and press one side into your pepper mixture.
Place on a nice tray ... repeat until it is all gone. It's not exact, but for me cooking is not an exact art.
That's it. Crunchy and smooth all in one.

1 comment:

Cally said...

i'm almost drooling with desire! yum.