September 28, 2009

Christine Mason Miller :: Artist interview


Last of the interviews from the participants of "A Vision of Squam" today with Christine Mason Miller. Visit her website right here at Christine Mason Miller
I truly hope you have enjoyed the posts and will stay tuned this month for some new podcasts with more artists! 
On with the finale.... 

1. What is your earliest memory of art making?

My clearest memory is of drawing Wile E. Coyote.  I had Road Runner sheets and would sit on my bed drawing the cartoons
.

 2. What is your medium of choice?

A combination of acrylic paints, pastels, paper, ephemera, glue, pen and rubber stamp alphabets.

 3. What are your greatest inspirations for your work?

Nature, memories, questions, color, texture

 4. What is playing in rotation these days while you are working?

I think this question is about what music I am playing...if I am wrong I apologize!  I actually work in silence most of the time. Music tends to distract me.

 5. What is a good art making day look like for you?

MESSY

 6. Who are your favorite artists - living and dead

Robert Rauschenberg, Joe Sorren, Mark Ryden, Sabrina Ward Harrison, Anahata Katkin

 7. Greatest advice given to you which you would like to pass along?

Don't make anything too precious - mistakes are often opportunities!