January 02, 2015
With this shiny new year I have created a new space called Hand to Art. It will be a gathering space for my art and others, DIY art lessons (just like my books) and possible interviews, videos and other exciting bits and pieces.
My thanks to all of you who have supported, read, contributed, bought art workkand lifted up this space in the past! I hope you will all join me at Hand to Art.
October 13, 2014
It's nearing the end of apple picking season here in New Hampshire and the pies, crisps and sauces begin to appear everywhere. It's a time I always enjoyed with my children - walking the orchards and picking the best apples we could reach!
book Art for All Seasons which will come out next month! We are going to make some apple print napkins or table runners for our harvest dinners with a few simple steps. Enjoy!
Brayer (affiliate link)
Old Cookie sheet
Cotton fabric or pre-made napkin
- Cut your apples in half both from the stem side down and across the middle. This will create two different prints: one "heart" and one "star"
- Spread out your fabric over a few layers of newspaper.
- Roll out some water based fabric paint or ink on a cookie sheet with a brayer until smooth. Be sure not to spread it too far as it will dry to quickly.
- Roll the smoothed ink onto your apple until covered.
- Press the inked apple onto your fabric in a desired pattern.
- Let dry and iron the fabric with a clean sheet of paper covering the design, to set the ink.
October 06, 2014
September 20, 2014
September 19, 2014
|channeling Art Retreat Camp (swim cover at Mayhew Island)|
September 17, 2014
|Available for preorder now everywhere books are sold! Published by Two Little Birds Books|
September 16, 2014
September 14, 2014
Our latest exhibit at artstream included 3 artists (I was one of them) and 3 poets. This is our fourth exhibit here at artstream and one of the most exciting! All the work is collage based and the poems are as varied from Tanka to free verse. Worth a stop in to see and read! All of the artwork is online too! Below are two of my pieces - I was paired up with Jessica Purdy who is an incredible muse!
Grackles in March
July 23, 2014
|Photo shoots for Art for All Seasons|
|Bumper crop of peonies!|
|Vermont treasures ...|
|Gardening squeezed in ...|