September 18, 2007

Yurts

...are something which have always fascinated me. The felting process, the idea of living in a felted home, even if ever-so-temporary has always been a goal of mine. Goal realized (sort of!)! Belinda from Luxembourg and expert felter, just took a trip to Kyrgyzstan this past August and brought me back a tiny yurt and doll to go with it. Go take a peek at her trip's hightlights over at her blog. It was a most amazing voyage with felting goodness throughout. Thanks so much Bel!

6 comments:

Angela Wales Rockett said...

I love the yurt! So cute! I love the idea of yurts in general, but this tiny thing is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Awww...this yurt is so cute!

Anonymous said...

isn't it the cutest thing?! glad it got there safely. enjoy!

SaRi said...

They are so lovely these felted items, aren't they? They are sold here on the Christmas market at the ethnological museum and I have quite a little collection myself.

Mary Stanley said...

Love that little felted YURT! I actually lived in a yurt for a year...although it was a canvas one with a wooden door and floor..still I loved the roundness of it and little birds could come inside and hop around.

Anonymous said...

The Yurt that travelled the world. It is darling!