October 23, 2009

Friday Illustration Friday fun


holding fast-- mixed media collage
New peeks at some of my own new collage works - just in time for me to play along with Illustration Friday. The word was fast. I thought how appropriate for this week! I have just finished up a stack of new paperdoll girls which I was going to put into calendar form and decided I loved them so much that I would just keep them as 8x10 artworks instead and make some prints. What's fast about this piece? Well, she has a holding fast to that hanky with which she is waving goodbye with.

6 comments:

red-handed said...

Either that or she's caught up in a cloud ... love it.

Susan Schwake said...

she's dragging that sucker along with her actually... head's in a cloud.

Connie said...

Love the collage (especially the mixed media aspect). I felt she was holding fast to the memory of the person she's saying goodbye to and I admire her for it.

claudine hellmuth said...

love this Susan!

kim said...

nice work!

This Makes My Day said...

Beautiful illustration, I love it!
Great blog too! Have a nice weekend.