February 11, 2008

More birds... more snow


Friday night was lots of fun over at Nahcotta. Lots of great tiny art and loads of artists and friends were flowing around in the gallery there. All but one of my tiny paintings sold at the opening (thank you ladies!) so I am sending over reinforcements. heh. Birds, birds, birds. I have this one above which I think is too large for the show, so it's hanging around with me still, so I thought I would share it with you. It's a blanket of snow coming down on them... or blanket of petals... you choose! (my Illustration Friday on Monday choice)
Inspired by the endless blankets of snow from this winter. Last night the wind howled and we experienced white outs in our drive up north. The sun is peeking through today so life is good. Good bye gray!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely birds and I like the gestural quality of the branches.

Funky Finds said...

Hi Susan...I feel like I haven't said hi in forever! I apologize for that. I love this work of art! I hope you have a fantastic week! Jessica

Vhrsti said...

Excellent, Susan! Absolutly perfect!!!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Lovely colors and a nice strong, gestural quality!

muchacha K handmade said...

Terrific to have your small paintings find many new homes :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sales! This is a sweet painting, and because I am officially sick of winter, I choose petals! Ah.. I feel better already:> Hope you're well:> xox - carla

Anonymous said...

beautiful!