October 30, 2007

Trick or Treat


monster kitty monotype with ink on top! 6x6 inches
I like neither! bah hum bug! doom on halloween! OK there, I said it... I love autumn, I love October, pumpkin carving, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, pie, muffins, cake! I even love pumpkin scented soap! but I do not like halloween in any form, spooky, horror, macabre, costumes, - hello -, holiday lights? who thought that was agood idea ... (ok, you can persuade me just a little... with a bit of chocolate!) I happily hand out over 400 pieces of candy each year and love to see the children, but otherwise it is a road show of a holiday for me. But I digress...here is my Illustration Friday offering for trick or treat.
I envision one of the 100s of witches which land on my door step each year to turn me into a black cat so I can sit in the window and watch the show go by.
Have to run, the doorbell is about to begin ringing....

7 comments:

P.L. Frederick said...

Hooray for watchful black cats!

Great backdrop of shapes and colors for a nifty ink smear of a kitty.

P.L. Frederick
SMALL & big

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so with you on the Halloween thing. I think I get most freaked out by pet costumes... okay I said it- now the Halloween police will probably come get me :-)

JO said...

Very creative design, great job.

sheree boyd said...

i love the colors! and black cats are my favorite

shaky mouse said...

I like the graphic feel of this..

C. said...

Well done. Love the little shagginess to the tail.

Unknown said...

Ha!!! so funny! you DON'T like Halloween??

I have always loved it but maybe it's my latent fashion/set designer deep within howling to get out!!