September 18, 2006

Shibori and more



Whew, what a busy day...
A huge thanks to the lovely Grace at design*sponge for her post today about our new online shop.She spotted Kimberly Lyford's beautifully made Shibori Clutch bag. We've been hopping about since then! It was a thrill for us to have our gallery shop to be recognized by the top design blogger! If for some reason you have not seen her blog or heard one of her podcasts, run, don't walk right over there now! Her taste is impeccable, her writing style clean, consise and charming and she is the original on the design blog train. Now she has guest bloggers like the amazing Lena Corwin and Maria from port2port writing with her too. It just doesn't get better than that!

In house, there was a lot of action around the gallery today too - with beautiful blue skies here in NH everyone was out and about and thinking about Tuscan trips and Italian ices. Everyone seems happy when the weather is so . I guess there are many happy memories too associated with trips to Italy. I know that I store a few in my mind about Lake Como and Milan. I keep hearing them murmured in the front gallery while they choose which piece will bring back the most of that special trip to Tuscany. Both Tom Glover and Eve Corey have struck a soothing chord for many in this less than calm world.

The word for the day is ... sleepy ... because that is what I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace's blog is full of inspirtion, so I am not at all surprized that your gallery was featured! Congratulations!!! And Kimberlys bag is truly lovely...

Anonymous said...

Sigh...I haven't been to Italy yet. One day. The paintings are lovely, Susan. I like the warm ochres and blues.