August 01, 2006

Lampworked Fun


Here is a close up of "Fun" lampworked necklace from Amy Ouellette's collection of hot glass work. I chose this one today as it is my birthday and even though it is very hot already here... I am going to have some fun - even though the fun has already begun! We have a lot of Amy's one of a kind pieces at the gallery and some online here. Her buttons are beautiful too for all of you knitters and seamstresses.

They are just looking for a home on your special work. Or refashioned jacket?
I am off to have fun but first to make my personal new years resolutions. I never do it on January 1st, but always on August 1st as well, it is my new year. I hope that your day is lovely and that you are enjoying each and every moment of summer as much as I am ... why does it seem so short?

The word for the day is ... contemplate ... the options, the past and what to embrace for the future.

17 comments:

feli said...

I love the bracelet/second picture. droooolllsss :)~~~ heeheh...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!

Angela Rockett said...

Happy Birthday!

What wonderful gifts you've receieved.

cally said...

Always fancied having a go at lampwork.

And yes, the flowers on my blog for you are both clematis.

The pink one only produced 3 flowers, but that's 3 more than it managed in the last 5 years! The other one looked small in the photo but when it opened (12 so far) it was HUGE. But I had similar beetle and insect niblings.

Wörtwurst said...

Happy Birthday.

It's my dad's birthday today as well. Yip yip.

one black bird said...

happy birthday!

Lady K said...

Bonne Annee!!! Happy Brithday!

I hope you have tons of fun today and get into lots of trouble. Don't spend too much time in contemplation...

Funky Finds said...

happy birthday from a fellow leo! :) hope you have a fantastic day...and fabulous year!

Madeleine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....... have a gorgeous day.
it's funny what you said about resolutions. i don't make them on january 1st but i so for my birthday. it seems more fitting.
i love this glass work, Susan.the necklace is gorgeous. but i have a thing about buttons anyway, since my collected them when we were little girls.

beautiful pieces to show us...:)

Gramercy Galleria said...

Happy Birthday, Susan!

I hope there is some cake to accompany the contemplation.

Max Rence said...

Happy Birthday Susan! Have a wonderful day.

carla said...

Happy Birthday Susan! I hope this is a special day to start a wonderful year:>

samantha said...

happy birthday Susan. Hope you had a wonderful day as i did. with all those horses celebrating their birthdays too!

Kristine said...

I love hot glass work! What a FUN necklace!
Happy Birthday!

Rrramone said...

Happy Birthday Susan! It was a glorious day when you showed up on the planet. :-)

ornamentea said...

The necklace and buttons are beautiful. Happy Birthday!

natacha matic said...

yes they are beautiful! I'm glad I've discovered your blog. I'll surelly pass often!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

"What to embrace for the future"
I am so sorry I missed this day to say, HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY dear friend! May every day be one joyous embrace! Happy day everyday!