August 08, 2006

Black and White


Lillian, Paige and Sophie india ink on 96# stock 4" x 6" each

The ink is black the page is white. Here are three of 30 little ink drawings I did yesterday afternoon. They are my practice with drawing. I rarely allow my students to use an eraser and often ask them to draw with sharpie or ink. Why would I do differently for myself? (My husband and I call these sketches of mine ... blobbies) Something for Inspire me Thursday too!


arctic spring monotype/foamcut/ink 16" x 20"

This image is a monotype mixed with two foam cut prints and ink drawings. Feeling a bit under the weather today so I think I will enjoy the garden and cool summer breezes here. Hope you are too!

The word for the day is ... stark ... as in the reality of the situation, the contrast of black on white and the ultimate in design concept (my favorite!)

8 comments:

carla said...

Your three ladies make me think of cameos! They have the look of elegant, Victorian fashion designs. Pretty:>

Willie Baronet said...

Starkly speaking, I am a big fan of the arctic spring piece!!

Anonymous said...

the blobbies are fabulous! hard to believe you did 30 in one afternoon. gute besserung! must be the heat? after steaming heat we've been having some clouds and rain ... quite a welcomed change!

Funky Finds said...

totally lovin' the blobbies! these would make terrific note cards (hint, hint!)

valerie walsh said...

the ladies are like the opposite of Picassos matadors!!! Love these Susan!

andrea said...

Hope you feel better soon, Susan. I love the foam cut print: so primal and tribal looking. Right up my alley!

Karen Jinks said...

you did 30? wow. they look like they were really fun to do, and they look so great!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Your 'words a day' linger with me as i say them out loud throughout the day, inspire my memory and recall your kindness!