July 19, 2006

When blogging can make a difference...














As a huge fan of Penelope Dullaghan (think Illustration Friday) I read her blog religiously. Her sister in law Alison is very ill as you will read below in a post which appeared today. Please make a postcard if you are able to ... never underestimate the power of positive thinking and doing it together. My students started making them tonight and I hope to send a big package by the end of the week.


"As you know, my sister-in-law Alison was diagnosed with stage four cancer a few weeks ago. She is still undergoing many tests and scans, and they are working on a treatment plan for her right now. She’s being so strong during all of this, but could really use your support. Here’s how:
Christine Miller (aka Swirly Girl) has an ongoing project called 52 Figments. Each week she posts a question and participants answer on a postcard and send them to her. She then uploads them all into an online gallery. This week, in support of Alison, she has requested that all participants create a postcard with the message “YOU ARE A CANCER SURVIVOR.”

Christine will post all the postcards she receives on flickr, as usual, but she is also going to box up all the cards and mail them to Alison. Imagine Alison getting a whole box full of beautiful postcards with those words “You are a cancer survivor.” I think it will boost her spirits and help her know that we are all behind her as she beats this awful illness."
Click here to participate! Please do!
(Or you can go to the 52 Figments page and click on “Special Request”.) Thanks!
-
from Penelope's blog today at Penelope Dullaghan Illustration

2 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Susan, I will do this in my prayers, and as soon as I am om my computer I will send them both a postcard! I am a cancer survivor and I send them my hope!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! And how great is it that all your students made her cards!