April 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

pink bird with roving sunflower
6"x4"
ink, watercolor
















First, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who posted on my Illustration Friday birdy. I am blushing and overwhelmed with all the kind words and critiques. They meant a lot! I am taking up the pen again, as it has been awhile. I do love taking ink, making marks and without erasure, just going for it. There are a few others I have been working on which I posted here. Seems I will continue ...
Here is a pink bird for my mother's birthday today. Her favorite shades are in red and deep pink. She will get the real one, but I will make another one for her - very large as she is almost blind. But that doesn't slow her down a bit, at 83 she still works, has her activities and even though she had to stop driving, gets around. Cheers to you mom! If it were not for you, encouraging the artist in me, I wouldn't be so happy today.

The word for the day is ... stamina, which if you have it, flaunt it!

3 comments:

andrea said...

I thought I'd commented on this. Oops! I lovbe the way you've snaked the branch/vine through the picture. The bird is as charming as ever but the flower is *fantastic*. Must steal that idea... :)

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

HAppy Day to your Mother and Happy day to you! Again another sweet springy painting to cheer our day forward! Okay, now you most post us your paintings too!! What an varied and wonderful collection you have!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your mom and love your sweet bird.